Some days back I experienced acne on the forehead of my teenager son and to treat that I started my research. And, I come to know about different types of acne due to different causes.
It’s true that acne is the most common skin concern not only among young people but the adults also suffer a lot. Here, I am trying to share my way to treat the acne through a series of posts. The series will be some DIY recipe and some good and effective natural products, I have used. Let’s start with the first post where I will be talking about the forehead acne: it’s causes and remedies.
Causes of Forehead Acne:
- Stress: This is the time when not only the adults but the youngsters also go through the stress and the result is acne including other health issues.
- Clogged Pores: It’s always thought that the primary cause of acne or pimples is clogged pores. And, as we know the forehead is the part of T-zone that produces excess oil, the obvious result is acne.
- Dandruff in the hair: Dandruff which is occurred due to skin infection is the most common cause of forehead acne.
- Oily Scalp: The oil from the scalp runs down and results in clogged pores and consequently forehead acne.
- Digestive Problems: The digestive issue is probably the most important cause of forehead acne.
- Some Hair Products: Forehead acne may be occurred due to some chemical laden hair products like shampoos, hair sprays or gels. These products may doze off the hair and lead to clogged pores that cause acne.
- Over Exfoliation: Exfoliation needs to get rid of dead skin cells but excessive exfoliation may result in acne.
- Hormonal Acne: At puberty, hormonal fluctuations may cause acne. Hormonal acne can be seen in adults too, especially in the women. The forehead is one of the common locations for this types of acne.
How can Forehead acne be treated:
In order to get rid of forehead acne, one should go through some simple yet regular lifestyle and skin and hair care rituals. Let me talk about the remedies now. Mostly I am going to recommend DIY recipe and am assuring you that you can pick up every ingredient from your kitchen shelf. And the products, I will suggest must be from some reputed organic brands those are easily available online or offline. So, let’s start with the remedies.
Some Natural Remedies:
1. Lemon Juice:
One of the most miracle cure for acne is lemon juice and it is a very common ingredient in our kitchen shelf too.
How to Use: Cut a fresh lemon in two halves, take one half and squeeze to take a tsp of juice. Add half tsp honey to it so that the acid in lemon don’t dry out the skin. Apply evenly on your forehead ( you can apply on the full face too) and keep for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with water. Use it every day on the cleansed face.
The acid in lemon prevents bacteria to clog your pores. And being the natural astringent lemon balances the sebum production.
2. Basil leaves:
Using basil leaves is the magical therapy for acne.
How to Use: Take some fresh basil leaves and clean them properly. Then crush them to take out the juice. Apply it directly to your forehead or you can squeeze few drops of lemon juice in it. Keep it as long as possible ( at least 15 minutes) and wash off with water.
Basil with its antibacterial properties fights acne caused by bacteria and with anti-inflammatory properties, it heals acne and also prevents them coming back.
An easily and commonly available ingredient is oatmeal that gives a quick effect on acne.
How to Use: Grind two tbs of oatmeal to make a powder, mix some water/ or any flower water to it and apply amply on your forehead. Let it dry, rub for one minute with wet fingers and wash off with water. You can add milk/ milk powder and honey to the oatmeal powder.
Oatmeal absorbs excess oil to prevent the pores to clog, removes dead skin cells, soothes skin by preventing irritation caused by acne. It also prevents acne or pimples coming back.
With remarkable medicinal properties, onions can help to get rid of forehead acne.
How to Use:
Grate half of an onion and squeeze the juice. Apply on your forehead, let it dry and wash off with water. You can add oatmeal to the juice to make a mask and use.
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of this vegetable fight against infections and thus heal and prevent acne. It soothes the irritations too.
5. Aloe Vera:
The most favorite ingredient of mine to treat the acne is Aloe Vera. I have planted though to use it whenever I want to.
How To Use:
After washing your face apply Aloe juice, taken out from fresh leaves ( you can buy too) on your forehead, let it dry and wash off with water. If you want to buy fresh Aloe vera Gel, visit Amazon, where you can get some from some organic brands like Greenberry Organics, Aroma Treasures, Brihans Naturals. You can read about them here.
6. Hair Mask to Treat Dandruff:
As one of the main cause of forehead acne is dandruff, so you have to treat dandruff to treat your acne.
The Mask And Usage:
Take one handful of basil and neem leaves, Three hibiscus leaves, and 4-5 hibiscus leaves, one tsp sun-dried fenugreek, coconut oil, 3-4 drops tea tree oil and blend them to make a paste. Add half lemon juice or curd and apply on your scalp and hair. Keep for 30 minutes and wash off with a mild anti-dandruff shampoo. You can use Phutawan Kaffir Lime & Lavender Hair Shampoo. Read the review here.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Exercise daily at least for 30 minutes.
- Drink Plenty of water.
- Avoid junk, spicy and oily food, avoid soda and carbonated drink.
- Be happy, listen to good music and lead a stress-free life.
I think I have shared some simple yet effective remedies for curing forehead acne. I swear by them and to be honest I have gained a lot. So, if you go by them I can assure you that you also see results. If you try them please share here your feedback. I’ll be all ear to you.
Thanks for reading.