Packed with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients Black Seed oil or Kalonji Oil has many beauty benefits besides its health benefits. This amber-colored oil can combat a number of hair and skin concerns like hair fall, dandruff, acne, eczema and skin inflammation. So, when I got my hands on Nature Sure Kalonji Oil, I started using it from the very next day it was delivered to me.
Kalonji or black seeds (in Bengali কালোজিরে) is very popular in Indian kitchens because of its fantastic aroma. We use it in dals, veg curries, namkeens to give them a luscious flavor and taste. It is also believed to soothe stomach discomfort. That’s why we cook dishes with this spice to calm down stomach inflammation or acidity. These tiny, black seeds have some other medicinal uses as well. During my childhood, I always saw my mom using black seeds potli to heal my runny noses or chest congestion. Since childhood, I am a patient of asthma. A hot oil massage with Kalonji and garlic helps me to get relieved.
Also read: Nature Sure Rogan Jaitun Tel Benefits
After receiving this Nature Sure Kalonji Oil, I started my research on this. What I found is somewhat confusing. Most of the articles are saying that kalonji or black seeds are also known as black cumin seeds or black caraway or kalajeera. While some are saying it’s something different from kalajeera or black cumin seeds. Whatever the name means, as I have started using, I found it giving the same benefits as our age-old black cumin seeds are offering.
Well, let’s start with what I have penned for.
Nature Sure Kalonji Oil:
Nature Sure Kalonji Oil, the elixir of good health provides relief from several health and beauty issues. This 100% pure, cold-pressed oil is extracted from Nigella sativa. It is totally undiluted and is widely used for pain relief, metabolism, digestion, breathing-related issues, strengthening bones, period pains, immunity, acne and pimples, hepatic problem, dandruff and all. Either you use it topically or consume orally, it can be an amazing home remedy.
- Kalonji Oil is famous for its magical benefits for all diseases. It is a powerhouse of protein, carbohydrates, vital minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium and vitamins A, C, E, K.
- It has the ability to improves the immune system, keep liver healthy and maintain heart health.
- Some studies have shown that black seed oil being the powerhouse of antioxidants, may protect us from diabetes, heart disease, obesity and even cancer.
- With its antibacterial properties, this liquid may treat bacterial infections.
- It may soothe inflammation, heal stomach discomfort, promote digestion, protect liver and kidneys.
- As I said at the beginning, black seed oil can ease chest congestion, prevent runny nose and sneezing and also can relieve asthma.
- Heals skin concerns like acne, reduce redness, rashes and softens the dry patches, especially on elbows, knees, and cracked heels.
- Effectively prevents hair fall, promotes healthy scalp and supports hair growth.
How do I use:
To relieve allergic reactions:
To heal pain on my breastbone:
To treat body acne:
I tried this as Pre-poo treatment, either alone or mixing with honey and coconut oil. Apply the blend 30 minutes before you wash your head. You can also use this mixture on your face. If you use on your face you may replace coconut oil with grapeseed oil.
Must read: Top 20 Tips to Deal Hair Loss in Men
Monsoon hair care:
Monsoon gives a tough time to all hair types, be it dry, or oily. Worst is the case with those who have dry, frizzy hair like me as it tends to get more frizzy and unmanageable. Nigella Sativa with vitamins like A, C, K and E not only smoothens the frizz but also prevents split ends, retains moisture, protects from outside hazards giving glossy mane naturally.
Take each part of Sativa oil, coconut oil, apricot oil and honey. Mix well. Now, add aloe vera gel to the concoction. Mix well to form a fluffy frothy texture. Apply on scalp and hair. Massage thoroughly with your fingertips and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Now go for a head wash with a sulfate-free shampoo. You can do this Pre-poo twice a week.
As a massage oil:
Regular massage on your skin will impressively improve your complexion. It may soothe irritation, giving a soft, healthy and youthful appearance.
Read this: Nature Sure Pores and Marks Review.
Note: Some may be allergic to black seeds. So a patch test is suggested before using.